Top Ten Picks is a weekly meme I got from Random Ramblings. For this week, we have our Favorite Book Quotes for our Top 10.
Picking my top ten was hard! In Harry Potter alone there's like hundreds quotes that are worth noting. Then there's the TMI trilogy and the classics. My oh my. Nonetheless, this top 10 is not in any particular order and I picked them because they still move me like the first time I've read them. :)
1. "Sometimes I want to be human for you." - The Demon's Covenant, Sarah Rees Brennan
2. "I'm not going to wear a red dress," she said.
"It would look stunning, My Lady," she called.
She spoke to the bubbles gathered on the surface of the water. "If there's anyone I wish to stun at dinner, I'll hit him in the face." - Graceling, Kristin Cashore
3. "Where there is love, there is often also hate. They can exist side by side." - City of Bones, Cassandra Clare
4. "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure." - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, J.K. Rowling
5. "There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then." - City of Glass, Cassandra Clare
6. "All this time I've hated myself for it. I thought I'd given it up for nothing. But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you." - Hush Hush, Becca Fitzpatrick
7. It is our choices, Harry, that show us who we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, J.K. Rowling
8. "So I only say, "So what should we do with our last few days?"
"I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you," Peeta replies." - Catching Fire, Suzanne Collins
9. "I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Fellowship of the Ring, JRR Tolkien
10. "I don't want to be a man,' said Jace. 'I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead.' - City of Ashes, Cassandra Clare